Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Wedding Photography

Why do I love wedding photography?

It never occurred to me that I would become a wedding photographer. Yes, after photographing over 40 weddings over the last 4 years, I feel like I can finally say that. At the age of 15, I held my first point and shoot, age 17, my first DSLR, age 18, shot my first wedding. From what started as a hobby and way to get out of the house, has become a passion I have grown to love more and more. I am absolutely in love with it. 

But what is it about wedding photography that I love so much?

The emotion. The people. The ability to capture moments that will last a lifetime.

Every wedding day is different, but the same. Each day has a serious of events: the bride and groom both get ready, see each other for the first time, get married, and dance the night away. It's the consistency that I love, but  the unexpectedness that makes me feel alive. 

I feel privileged. Privileged that I get to share in these moments with these couples and their guests. I feel privileged that my photos will either be on their walls or even their coffee tables for generations to see. I feel privileged that I was given the ability to work and meet with so many amazing and talented people. I learn from each and every one that I work with. 

So I leave you with this:
Are you passionate about something?   





No comments:

Post a Comment